Friday, September 23, 2016

Sunshine Blogger Award




Over a month ago I was nominated by the lovely pixelatedKar for the Sunshine Blogger Award and I'm (finally) getting to making the post now that my computer issues are over. I appreciate the nomination so much! When I first started this story, I never thought I'd be nominated for anything like this, so thank you!

The rules for are as follows...
  1. Thank the person who nominated you and add a link to their blog. 
  2. Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you. 
  3. Nominate 11 bloggers and add their links. 
  4. Notify the bloggers you included. 
  5. Keep the rules in your post. 
The 11 questions I was asked are... (with my answers)
  1. What style of writing do you prefer for your Simlit? (ie. gameplay then write or write before gameplay) And why? I like to play then write, I find it easier honestly. Usually when I'm playing I will start forming the story I'd like to tell in my head. I think it makes it easier because I already have a basic idea on where I want to go with my story because as I add screenshots, the story I was forming will come back to me. I feel like if I were to plan out my story before I played, things wouldn't go to plan. I like to let things happen in my game and tell my story that way. I don't want to be in complete control of everything my sims do when it comes to storytelling. 
  2. How long have you been writing Simlit? Not long at all. I posted for the first time in this blog on May 5th, 2016. So as of writing this post it has been nearly five months since I started. I wanted to start writing a year ago, but I didn't know how or where to start. 
  3. What made you decided to write about the challenge you choose? (ie. Legacy/Amazon/#buildnewcrest) I love the bachelor/bachelorette challenge so much because you can really do whatever you want with it- the rules are really up to you! I also love legacies, I've never played a full one out. I wanted to combine the two of them for a unique story. I've never seen anyone else do it and if someone has, I apologize for copying your idea. But with my story, I'm making the rules and I want to be able to have at least 10 generations go through the Get In Love house. 
  4. Favourite expansion from any of the Sims franchise? This is a tough one! Umm, I'm going to have to say that it was The Sims 2 Nightlife expansion. I had all of the expansions from The Sims 1 but none of them are really sticking out to me as being my favorite, I only had Nightlife from Sims 2, never played Sims 3 on a computer (only had Wii version) and I don't "love" any of the expansions from Sims 4 (yet)- they're good, just not great in my opinion. 
  5. Is there anything you would change in your story? If so, what and why? Another tough one! Umm, I would give more life to my characters. I want to be able to show their emotions/ qualities/ traits better. I know I'm not good at that at all currently, but I'm working on fixing it. Also I would have backed up all of my files off of my laptop so I didn't lose any of my saves! 
  6. What country are you from? United States. 
  7. What character is your favorite? Kristine. I loved creating her and It's a lot of fun being able to tell her story. 
  8. What expansion pack to hope for next for the Sims 4? I've been hoping for a city/apartment expansion for so long so I was pretty excited about the announcement for it. I'm also really hoping for a seasons EP and a generations EP. Who knows if we'll ever get either of them but I'm hopeful! 
  9. Age? 22. 
  10. Favorite dessert? I can't only have one favorite! I'll narrow it down to 3. Cake Batter ice cream from Coldstone Creamery, cheesecake, and I love cupcakes! 
  11. How did you come up with your username? It's a combination of part of my full name and the year I was born. 
Next, I nominate... 
I realize that I only have nominated 6 people. This is because these 6 simmers have stories that have been the inspiration for me to start writing. I've been reading their stories since before I started and I believe they need recognition for that. I admire their writing styles and the stories they've created so much. Also, I'm not sure if any of you have already been nominated for this award so if you have, I won't mind if you don't follow through with the rules but I encourage you to do it again! :)

Lastly, here are the questions I would like to ask...

  1. When did you first start writing simlit compared to when you started playing? For example, I started playing Sims 1 but didn't start writing until Sims 4. 
  2. What is the first simlit you ever wrote? What is/was it about? (Feel free to link to it if it's still available)
  3. What are your favorite and least favorite characters from the story nominated?
  4. What is the funniest thing that has ever happened in any of your Sims games? 
  5. Favorite Sims game ever released? (mobile, console, pc, etc.)
  6. Where did you get the inspiration to write your story? (real life, TV, movies, books, etc.)
  7. Do you play any other games besides the sims?
  8. What expansion pack are you hoping for next?
  9. If you could describe a perfect meal made up of your favorite food(s), what would it be?
  10. Besides blogging, what are some of your other hobbies?
  11. Read any good books lately? (please list them if you have- I'm always looking for a new book to read) 

2 comments: