One night after their three kids had gone to bed, Kristine and Bret decided to take a dip in the hot tub.
Bret: So I've been thinking.
Kristine: About what?
Bret: Well I have this weekend off and we haven't had much time to spend together as a family, I was thinking that we can take the kids on a camping trip.
Kristine: I love that idea! I think the kids will really enjoy it.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
The next day after school, the kids sat down together to do their homework and Kristine helped with everything she could. By the time they were done with their homework, Bret had gotten home from work and had gone to his office to work on some things. Kristine started making dinner and their kids went outside to play for a little while.
Kristine: Listen up kiddos, your dad and I have something exciting to tell you all.
Lorraine: What is it? Please don't tell me I'm going to have more siblings.
Bret: No Lorraine, we're actually letting the three of you take a vacation day from school tomorrow because we're going camping this weekend!
Ruben: No way! That's so cool!
McKenna: Camping? Like in the woods? With bugs? Eww.
Kristine: It's going to be a ton of fun. We thought we all deserved a bit of a vacation.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
The family gathered by the front door the next morning after they had gotten everything packed and ready.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Even though they had plenty of money to rent a cabin for the weekend, Kristine and Bret decided it would be a better experience for the kids to sleep in tents. They were all used to the luxury of actual beds- it was time to experience something new. Upon arrival, they all worked together to get their camp set up, then the fun began.
Kristine: It's so great to be back in the great outdoors. I sure have missed this place.
Bret: Me too hunny, me too.
Bret decided to take the kids fishing while Kristine prepared something to eat.
Ruben, Lorraine and McKenna even got to experience their first bear (or bear look alike- close enough?). They weren't too scared.
After eating, it was time for some more family bonding.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
In the morning, Kristine cooked breakfast for her family and then they all got ready. They were going to the Granite Falls Forest National Park for the day.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
It was Sunday and that meant that their vacation was coming to an end. Bret and McKenna went on a hike together while Kristine, Ruben and Lorraine stayed at camp. Once Bret and McKenna were back, they packed their things and headed on home.
McKenna: Mom, I want to come back here again! It was SO much fun.
Lorraine: Yeah, I love it here.
Ruben: I don't think camping is for me, can I stay home next time? Or can you rent a cabin?
Bret: I'm glad that you girls enjoyed it, if we go camping again Ruben I'm sure we can figure something out.
Kristine: I think another family trip here would be great.

































Bwahaha Lorraines comment made me laugh. I can't blame her after twin sibs. And I know EXACTLY how Rubel feels. I don't like camping in tents either lol
ReplyDelete