Friday, May 13, 2016

New Beginnings- Week 1


It was the evening before the show officially began, Kristine had just arrived to the house and was giving herself a pep talk. 

Kristine (nervously in her head): It's okay girl, you got this. You may or may not be meeting the love of your life tomorrow but everything will be okay. You have family and friends that love you and so what if you make a fool out of yourself? You're going to give it your all and hope for the best! You never know, Mr. Perfect might be one of those seven. 

Hailee Hamilton happily greeted Kristine at the door and invited her to sit down with her so they could discuss the show.

Hailee: I'm so glad you're here, are you nervous about tomorrow?
Kristine: Yeah, honestly I am. I've been freaking out about it. I just hope that the guys aren't duds. 
Hailee: I would expect you to be nervous (laughs lightly). I would be too, trust me. 
Kristine: (laughs)
Hailee: On another note, let's discuss how the next couple of months are going to play out. 
  1. Each week someone will be sent home- that will be the guy that you find to be least compatible with you. You will give roses to the remaining guys. 
  2. Each week there will be a competition held in the competition room for the guys to compete for a solo date with you. This person is not safe from elimination- if you find that you are incompatible with him you can send him home on elimination day. 
  3. There will be a group date every week. The solo date winner is not invited. 
  4. You may kiss and hug the contestants, you can also woohoo but it is highly frowned upon until there are only two contestants left. 
  5. Whoever is eliminated WILL NOT have a chance at coming back- so each week that is something you should definitely take into consideration. I would hate to see you regret your choices. 
  6. There will be various parties and events going on at the house in the next couple of months. Use these to get to know the guys more. 
  7. Besides what has already been said, you get to make your own rules. You're the bachelorette and it's all about you. Have fun with this and relax. 



Kristine: I'm really excited for this all to begin. I feel like my soulmate might truly be out there. 
Hailee: It's a really exciting time, I'm glad that you're sharing this experience with not only me but the viewers. 
Kristine: I hope I don't disappoint them!
Hailee: I'm sure you won't. Do you have any other questions? 
Kristine: I don't think that I do. 
Hailee: Perfect! I'll let you make yourself at home so you can get some shut eye. You're going to need a good night of sleep. 
Kristine: Sounds good. 

With that, Kristine made her way to the basement to put away her things and she fell right asleep. 
________________________________________________________________


"Good morning! I am your hostess Hailee and welcome back to Get in Love, the show that's all about one lucky bachelor or bachelorette finding his or her soulmate. This season we will be featuring our lovely bachelorette, Kristine. If you're just tuning in, lucky you you haven't missed much yet. This week Kristine will be meeting the contestants, she will try to start to get to know them all and one unlucky fella will be sent home." 

Kristine woke up bright and early the next morning. 

She took a hot shower and got herself ready for the day. It was time for her to make her way upstairs, she had big plans for the morning. 

Good thing she got upstairs when she did, the guys had just arrived!

Kristine: Hello! I'm Kristine, I'm so glad all of you are here. I can't wait to get to know each and every one of you.
All of the guys introduced themselves. 

Kristine: Go ahead and go upstairs to put away your things, when you're done please join me through those doors for breakfast. 

The guys made their way upstairs to put away their belongings and to claim their bed spaces while Kristine went to the kitchen to prepare a breakfast of pancakes. 
Kristine: I want to make them breakfast, I'm trying to show them that I know how to cook- sort of, I want to impress them. Growing up I didn't have to do much cooking but in the last couple of years I've been trying to get better at it.
Kristine: Pancakes are my ultimate favorite thing to eat for breakfast. I hope the guys like them too. 

The guys slowly came down the stairs and grabbed their plates. Once they were all seated Kristine told them what the plans were for the rest of the day.
Kristine: So I was thinking that today we could just hang out at the house and try to get to know one another. Maybe watch a movie later on? Also here is how things will go each week.
  • Monday- These days we will be spending the day at home, working on your skills for the challenges, hanging out with me, just whatever really.
  • Tuesday- These days will be spent doing the solo date challenge. 
  • Wednesday- Solo date day
  • Thursday- Group date day
  • Friday-These days will be our special events days (parties).
  • Saturday- Free day. This will be the day I'll be taking to myself, so do as you wish on these days. Just remember that you can't leave the house or have guests over. What you do on these days must happen here at the mansion.
  • Sunday- These will be the elimination days.
The guys all nodded in agreement or agreed with mouths full of food. Come on guys, where are your manners? 

Once everyone was done eating and the dishes were cleared from the table, the eight of them made their way to the living room. 
Kai: I would love to give you some pointers in the kitchen Kristine. 
Kristine: Thanks for the offer, maybe you can one of these days. 
Derick: Can you keep it down? The sports highlights are on and I don't want to miss them.
Brody: Dude, she's a lady. Of course she's going to talk. 

Uh oh guys, I don't think you'll be getting on Kristine's good side with attitudes like that. 

Vincent: You want me to make you a drink? Ha. Not happening. I'm practicing my skills.
Jimmy: Your skills? I bet you don't even drink. I have won several beer drinking contests myself. Have you?

Shouldn't you two be getting to know Kristine? Maybe you should do that instead of arguing about drinks. 

Bret: I'm hoping someone will join me, hopefully Kristine. I can't wait to see what kind of moves she has. 

You might just be in luck Bret.

Ty: What am I reading? Oh just the newest Henry Puffer book. Wait scratch that. This is a book on woohoo positions. 

Haha oh Ty, just be honest now. 

Kristine started to make her rounds, she wanted to spend a bit of time with each of the men.
Kai: My greatest passions in life are cooking and bartending. I want to open my own restaurant some day. 
Kristine: That's very interesting. I hope I get the chance some time to taste your food.
Kai: I would love to cook for you. Someone as pretty as you should never have to cook. 

Derick: YES! My team won!!!!!
Kristine: Derick, I'm sitting right here. There's no need to yell. 
Derick: Obviously you're not a Llamacorns fan then. 

Brody: I'm a rodeo star where I come from. 
Kristine: You don't say. That's pretty cool. Did you win lots of awards or medals? 
Brody: Definitely, all the girls wanted me too. 

Jimmy: For fun I like going to bars and partying. Is that something you're into as well?
Kristine: Sometimes (laughs), I prefer staying at home though.
Jimmy: Well the weekly parties are going to be a blast, I can't wait to get you out of your shell and to see who you really are. 

Vincent: Is there a way that I can start my own garden here? I like to have garden grown produce. 
Kristine: That might be possible to be arranged. I like to garden too. 
Vincent: Organic really is the best way to go if possible. Here look at some of the pictures I've taken of my garden.

Bret: If you move your body like this it is actually better on the spine. Let me show you.
Kristine: I'm horrible at dancing! I've been wanting to get better though. 
Bret: I'm the best dancer in my family, I've won awards and have actually started to teach people how to dance. 

Ty: Just hold on, let me get to a good stopping place. Ok, what was it you asked again?
Kristine: I asked what you were reading. 
Ty: (Nervously) Just a book about woohoo. (Kristine gives him a puzzled look as she can clearly see the cover). Okay I lied, it's the newest Henry Puffer book. Please don't laugh.

After lunch, Kristine suggested that they all watch a movie. Since the movie was her idea she picked it out. She decided that Simder was the best choice given that it was one of her favorite movies. 

Everyone was so busy and distracted to notice that one contestant didn't join in on the fun.

Apparently Ty had better things to do rather than to try to bond with Kristine.

Not everyone was a fan of the movie though. 
Kristine: Umm, do you think we can get back to watching the movie guys?

Apparently that was just too much to ask for some. 

Later on after dinner the eight of them decided to spend some time in the activity room upstairs. 




Since it had been a long day, they all decided that it was time to go to sleep, they had an important day tomorrow after all. 

________________________________________________________________

The next morning, the guys awoke to breakfast ready for them on the counter. 

They all couldn't help but wonder where Kristine was though. 

She had decided to sleep in. 

Once she had woken up and gotten herself ready, she joined them in the kitchen to tell them about the day. 
Kristine: Good morning everyone! I hope you all slept well. Today is a very important day, it is challenge day! You will all be competing for a solo date with me. I can see that you're done with breakfast so how about you all meet me in the challenge room upstairs in an hour once you're ready. 

After the guys went upstairs to go about their business, Kristine grabbed a plate of her own then made her way upstairs when she was done eating. 


Shortly later, the contestants joined Kristine. 
Kristine: Alright, so here is this week's challenge. It is called "Grill Master". You will all be grilling something- the choice is up to you. The person who finishes making their dish and gets it to the table first wins the challenge. Any questions? (Everyone either said no or shook their head no). Alright let's begin! Everyone go to a grill and get ready.



Kristine: Ready, set, get grilling!



The room was silent except for the sound of the sizzling food. You could tell that the guys were nervous. They each wanted as much alone time with Kristine as they could get. Finally there was a winner. 

Brody had won the challenge and the solo date with Kristine! Good luck on your date tomorrow!

Kristine: Congratulations! I'm looking forward to spending the day with you tomorrow. I have the day all planned out. 
Brody: I just can't believe I won, tomorrow is going to be a special day for us. 
________________________________________________________________

The rest of the day was spent with relaxation and fun. 












________________________________________________________________

The next morning after breakfast Brody met Kristine near the front door. 
Brody: You look beautiful m'lady. 
Kristine: Awe, thank you. Are you ready to go? 
Brody: Sure am! 
Kristine: Great! Let's go then. 

Moments later.
Kristine: So I was thinking that for our date, we could spend some time at the park. I mean it's romantic and we both love the outdoors. I thought it was perfect. There's even a little pond that we can fish at! 
Brody: Sounds awesome. 

They decided to start the date with some fishing.

Kristine even caught more than him!

Soon after that they decided to move things to the park. 



Looks like things are heating up!




Brody even has a mischievous side!

Wishing for love?

After their adventures at the park, they decided to go to a little cafe nearby. 

Things seemed to be going very well.
Brody: How was your food?
Kristine: It was delicious, I'm so glad we came here. 

Unfortunately Brody couldn't stay focused for long.


Shame on you Brody! 

Kristine was so furious that she called the date off early. When she got home she was in no mood to talk so she retreated to her basement. 


The rest of the guys were dying to know the details of the date as a few of them saw them arrive home. They knew things couldn't have been too good considering they saw Kristine and that the two of them arrived earlier than expected.
Brody: We totally made out. We would have woohooed too but we couldn't find a spot. I'm pretty sure I'll be sticking around until the end. She loves me. 
Thankfully none of the others bought what he was saying. Brody you're so full of it. 

Better luck on your group date tomorrow Kristine!

________________________________________________________________

Kristine seemed to be a in a much better mood the next day. 

This week's group date was being held at the local bar in Newcrest, it was going to be an afternoon/night date. 

Vincent couldn't take his eyes off her. 




Jimmy had some hesitation though when Kristine was trying to flirt with him. 




Bret was digging the attention he was getting. 




Even Derick was able to get his mind off sports for a while.




Ty was finally starting to open up a bit.




Surprisingly Kai was able to talk about something other than food. 




After all the guys got a little bit of one on one time with Kristine, they moved the rest of the date upstairs for some dancing.



Seems like everyone enjoyed the group date!

________________________________________________________________

Everyone but Brody seemed to have slept in the next morning. They did have a late night after all.
Sorry Brody but you're going to have to eat alone today. 

Later on in the morning everyone else had finally gotten out of bed. They were all informed to meet Kristine in the living room for an announcement. 


Kristine: As you all know, it's Friday so that means that we're having a party today. So go get yourselves ready and meet me in the party room in an hour! 

The guys all hurried upstairs, they were actually pretty excited for today. Kristine went back downstairs to change then started to get things ready in the room. 

While she was waiting she decided to have a drink.

Wow those men sure clean up nicely! These aren't even their fancy clothes!

Kai: Wow Kristine I didn't know you were so funny. 
Derick: Yeah, that was a really funny joke.
Kristine: It was just a joke I saw on TV, I can't take credit for it.

Vincent: Kristine... that was really something. Please don't tell anyone but that was my first kiss. I wasn't expecting that when you brought me out to the hallway. 
Kristine: Did you like it?

Kristine: I think you look great in orange! That's Henry Puffer's house colors right?
Ty: You are a fan!

Kristine: I heard about the lie you told the other guys about our date. 
Brody: I'm really sorry about that and I apologize for flirting with those women too. I'll try to change. 

Bret: You're really great Kristine, I hope I get the chance to know you better. 
Kristine: You're so sweet. I think you're great too. 

Jimmy: Kristine! What did I tell you about flirting with me. I'm just not ready. I need some time.
Kristine: I've tried to give you time, I wish you'd open up to me. I want to give you a real chance. 

After a while everyone decided to join in on some dancing. No party is complete without it right?



Later on after the party, Kristine suggested that they all got some fresh air and that they should go hang out on the backyard deck. 

A little while later Kristine excused herself to go make a dinner for the household. 



Kristine: As you guys know, tomorrow is my day. I will be taking the day to reflect on this last week and to evaluate my relationships with all of you. So that's why tonight I thought it would be nice if I cooked us a meal and we ate together. 

The eight of them chatted throughout dinner and the guys said their temporary goodbyes to Kristine before she headed downstairs for the night. They spent the rest of the evening relaxing and working on skills. 

________________________________________________________________

The next morning Hailee and Kristine sat down for a chat.


Hailee: So Kristine, tell me about your week. What did you think about it?
Kristine: Oh my plum this week has been so much fun. I've loved getting the chance to get to know all the guys. Yeah there were some ups and downs but I would describe the overall experience as a good one. 
Hailee: Any idea on who you'll be sending home tomorrow?
Kristine: (hesitates) I have it narrowed down to two. I don't have much chemistry with either of them but I feel as if they both deserve another chance. I'm going to have to do a lot of thinking about it today.

Hailee: Right on! I was afraid that you were going to say that you had no idea about who'd be going home tomorrow. So tell me, what are your plans for the day?

Kristine: I really want to spend some time painting, I haven't had a chance to do that yet since I moved into the house and I have that gorgeous easel down in my room. I think I might also spend some time in my sauna or maybe even call someone to come give me a massage. I'm really just trying to take things easy, I don't want to stress myself out. 
Hailee: Those are great ideas! 

How about we do some interviews now.

Kristine: I learned a lot this first week. I think I might even be on the track to finding my soulmate, at least I hope I am. Bret is a really sweet guy, I'm a little turned off by the fact that we have so much in common though. I mean, I grew up thinking that opposites attract and he's just so much like me. Vincent on the other hand is quirky and I like that. This whole week he kept telling me about being a vegetarian and how he hopes that I'll try it out though. Come on now, I like to eat meat. I don't want to change. Jimmy is such a fun guy! I mean he's the life of the party, he's always trying to have a good time but partying isn't everything. Derick is definitely into sports and when I say that I mean that he's really into them, I like sports too just not that much. He was kind of rude to me too the first day when I was trying to talk to him. Kai has very big hopes and dreams and I admire that, I just wish he wouldn't critique my cooking every chance he got. I get that he's somewhat of a professional but I'd rather not be criticized when I'm trying my hardest. Brody. Ugh. I don't even know where to begin with him. I was really into his country boy charm. He was the solo date winner and I had really high hopes for the date. Yeah, things were great until we went to the cafe. He flirted with three different girls right in front of me! What the plum is wrong with him? Last but definitely not least is Ty. I realized that he's kind of scared to show his nerd side which is kind of a turn off. I wish he'd just embrace it and we could be nerds together. I hate when people lie to me so when he lied to be about what he was reading, I was kind of disappointed in him. 

After Kristine finished her pre-choice interview she decided to go spend some time in her sauna.

She then moved onto some painting.

Then Kristine ended her day with a nice soak in a mud bath. She finally made her choice.

Throughout the day the guys trickled in to do their interviews. They had been spending the rest of the day just hanging around the house doing as they pleased- for the most part. 

Bret: What do I think of Kristine? Man, I think she's perfect. She's everything I've ever wanted in a girl. Her body is perfection. I just wish she was a better dancer. I swear that girl has two left feet! I think I might be safe this week, I'm not really sure. I feel like she didn't spend much time with me compared to the others. 

Vincent: Am I going home this week? Nope! She kissed me, I'm pretty sure that means I have some sort of immunity or something. She is so pretty. She wears a little too much makeup though for my liking and she eats meat- and a lot of it. 

Brody: Do I regret lying about my date with Kristine? Maybe. I do feel a little bad for flirting with those other girls. I swear they came to me first though. Kristine and I made up though and I'm the one who had the solo date. I don't think she'd send me home. 

Ty: So Kristine's a bit of a nerd just like me! I can't believe it. I hope I'm the one remaining bachelor at the end. Nerd girls are hard to come by. Am I working on being more open? Yeah, I am. I don't want Kristine to throw me off the show. I want a real chance with her. 

Jimmy: Do I drink too much? Plum no! That's just Kristine's opinion. I'm a fun guy, really. She even admitted she likes to party too. So what if she doesn't like to go out? I can change. I think. No, I don't think I have a chance of being sent home this week. 

Derick: Oh sorry, I was a little distracted. I was thinking about all the games I'm missing on TV right now. What did you ask? Oh yeah, no I don't think I'm obsessed with sports. It's just my life. Kristine's a Llamacorns fan too so it's a win win. That girl is beautiful and we'd make perfect children with my genetics. I'm one hundred and ten percent positive I will not be going home this week. 

Kai: How did my first week go, you ask? I think it went amazingly. Kristine let me cook for her and I even gave her some tips on her own cooking. I think she appreciated it. For me this is a fantastic start to a relationship. I only see things going up from here. I know in my heart she's the one for me even if I've only known her less than a week. It's fate. There is no way I'm getting sent home.
 ________________________________________________________________



Kristine: Good afternoon gentlemen. Thank you all for gathering here. As you've seen there are six roses and seven of you. Sadly we'll be saying goodbye to someone today. Shall we begin?

Kristine sat down and started talking again.
Kristine: I'm so glad that all of you tried out for the show and made it here. It's been so much fun getting to know all of you this past week, it saddens me to have to do this but that's just the way things are. 

Kristine: I hope you understand my reasons for doing this but Vincent things are not going to work out between us. I have decided that you and I are just too different and it won't work to put our differences aside. I don't feel a spark between us, I'm so sorry but I'm not the one for you. I wish you the best of luck. 
Tears instantly came to Vincent's eyes. 
Does everyone else accept a rose? 

Everyone but Vincent replied in unison "I accept".


After the roses were handed out, Kristine went up to do her post-choice interview, while everyone else went to change into something more comfortable. 

Kristine: I hated having to let Vincent down, he really is a sweet guy. I felt so bad when I saw his face- he looked so crushes. I hope he realizes that I'm not the one and he deserves someone who is a bit more like him. Plus when I kissed him there was no spark. I want a guy with experience, not someone who hasn't even been kissed! I really think I made the right choice. 

Once Kristine was finished the other guys came in one by one.

Vincent: Even though it's been less than a week, I was certain that Kristine and I had something. We kissed! Don't kisses mean anything anymore? I couldn't believe my ears when she announced I'd be going home. But whatever, I guess my one true love has to still be out there, right? I don't want to grow old alone.

Kai: I am oh so thankful to still be here.The fact that Kristine didn't send me home yet solidifies my belief that we have something. Poor Vincent though. I can tell he's definitely upset about it. 

Derick: We gotta make this quick, the Lllamacorns game is about to start. Positive thinking really does pay off! Hahaha. Yeah it sucks that Vincent is going home, he was pretty nice and easy to get along with. But now that he's gone I have a better chance at winning Kristine's heart. 

Jimmy: I'm grateful that Kristine decided to keep me around a little longer. There's still so much to learn about each other. Plus I haven't gotten my solo date yet. 

Bret: I feel so bad for Vincent, I think he was falling in love with the girl. It hasn't even been a week! We barely have even gotten a chance to know her. I'm happy to still be here. I'm not ready to leave yet. I want a real chance at proving myself to Kristine. I owe it to myself and to her. That's why I'm here.

Brody: I've never seen a grown man cry so hard. I was just in the bedroom and Vincent was packing his things, he was blubbering like a baby. Get it together man! It's just a girl, there's plenty more out there. Ones even better looking. Don't tell Kristine I said that. 

Ty: I'm not going to lie, I was pretty nervous that I'd be going home today. I'm pretty glad that it was that man child Vincent and not me. Maybe Kristine does want to keep me around after all. 

Everyone said their farewells to Vincent and they got on with the day. 

"Wow what an episode! It was an overall good and fun week. It's sad to see someone go. But that's the way the show works- it means we're one step closer to a winner! As always I'm Hailee Hamilton and thank you for joining us and we will see you next week on Get In Love.


******Author's Note******
I apologize for the length of this post, I had no intentions of it being this long but that's how it happened. Hopefully I can make future posts just a little shorter. 

-If you liked the cafe in this episode it was found here: https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/603181C5109E11E6801200F8A5012CFB?searchtype=ea_origin_id&time=all&category=lots&searchquery=cantonch&sortby=downloads&max=50&maxis=false
I made minor adjustments to it for my story. 
-If you liked the bar, it was a re-style of the Maxis made bar "Halvsies"
I've uploaded it to the gallery here: https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/9A4321FE194811E68D1AD3D0AAF9AF0E?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=tarairis94&max=50&maxis=false

1 comment:

  1. Nice update. That Brody tho lol. I thought for sure she'd give him the boot instead of Vincent. Brody is kinda cute tho. ;)

    ReplyDelete